Tag Line

Seeking Out and Exploring Inspirational Forces
eyeswideopentothesoul@gmail.com
(C) 2015 Eyes Wide Open. All Rights Reserved

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Vacation Within Yourself

By Jim Koury, Seeker of Inspirational Forces
© 2015 James R. Koury.  All Rights Reserved

Eyes_Wide_Open_PicWhile perusing Facebook one day as I usually do I noticed a post by a friend of mine that said “Taking a trip inside of your own mind is the best vacation that you can take.”  I shook myself when I read it, sat back in my chair and said “Wow!”

After thinking about it more after my initial exposure to it, I would have to say it probably is one of the most profound statements I had ever seen on Facebook.  It just rang so true with me given this amazing journey of self-exploration I have been on the past 19 months. 

The key to understanding who we actually are and finding the ability to connect  with our higher selves is discovering the knowledge that the answer to who we really are has been inside us all since the day we were born.  What better way to get inside ourselves and begin to set in motion the journey of self-discovery that awaits us all if we choose to embrace it is to vacation within ourselves!  Such an amazingly simple concept but yet so hard to understand and accept.

Many of us at one time in our lives looked outward for life’s answers thinking that living life would produce the knowledge we seek.  Most times this quest ends in a disappointing fashion with our frustration levels increased and still having not found that which we set out to find.

At some point many of us are influenced by someone or something we read or listened to that sparks the fire of self-knowledge that begins us on an amazing path of self-discovery.  Once lit the fire cannot be put out.  Once the flames are fanned by this initial burst of energy, there is no stopping our progress toward the ultimate goal of knowing our higher selves.  We begin to take vacations within ourselves because we understand that the knowledge we outwardly sought had been inside us all along.

Sadly some live their lives without ever getting on this journey within themselves.  They have opted to stay home and not vacation because they are comfortable with their familiar surroundings.  Their sense of discovery has been muted.

Once we begin to embark on the path that has been revealed to us many people will be presented to us along our way to help us to understand an issue, find a solution to a challenge or just provide further knowledge and wisdom about life and its many wonders.  I have spoken at great length about many of these people and how they helped me.  Recently I have met yet another individual that would help crystalize my vision more about my life’s purpose.

I have been unclear as to what this purpose is and how I begin to embrace it.  We cannot embrace something until we know what exactly it is we want to embrace!  Additional information we seek will be presented to us once we make an expression of desire to embrace our purpose.  I expressed that desire and it was not long before my newest experience was placed before me.

As a result, more detailed information about my purpose has been revealed to me in a most amazing fashion.  While I will not get into the details of this newest vacation within myself, I will say that it has profoundly impacted me and has given me additional direction on the steps I need to take to achieve my ultimate purpose – one that drives me and is burned so deeply into my heart that nothing can compel me away from it.

I am excited to embark on this next phase of my journey equipped with this new knowledge I have garnered.  Since leaving my position at City Hall 19 months ago, I have never been afraid to step out of my comfort zone and try new things.  My departure from a well paying municipal job was a huge, if not the hugest, jump out of any comfort zone I had ever known.  The risks have been minimal but the rewards have been great.  I have done things that I would probably never have done if I had stayed in the job I was in.  The vacations I have taken within myself most likely would not have happened either.  Therefore, I have no regrets, as this point in my life ignited a new spark of enthusiasm to learn much more about my direction and life’s purpose.

Yet another new beginning awaits me!  I am charging forward without hesitation, as I know deep in my heart that I am very close to meeting my higher self – the person that I could never have imagined being just a few short years ago.  I can only hope you all can awaken to what is within you and take the steps necessary to find your higher selves as well.

Happy vacationing!

No comments:

Post a Comment